Tuesday, October 28, 2008

"Jillian is practicing excerpts in her jammies."

I have an audition coming up, and I'm finding it hard to find time to practice. Dave has had his sax quartet in town since last week, and I will finally have my husband back tomorrow. How can you make reeds and/or practice when you're looking after a baby, or cleaning up after said baby when he's asleep, or, God forbid, looking after yourself when said baby is asleep, or entertaining house guests, or cooking for said house guests, or or or or...

Recorded auditions are tough because you always have an out. I can simply not do it! No plane ticket to cancel or any face to save. Luckily I have until the end of December, but I'm going to give myself a set date at the beginning of December and go to a recording studio to do it. Cooper, you may have a reed order coming for me pretty soon!

No comments: