I don't know if people still check this blog, so what better place to ruminate?
It's my 30th birthday today, and I feel great! I've actually been looking forward to getting out of my twenties. While 30 definitely is not old, 20 certainly is YOUNG! What a difference ten years makes. I have many friends in their 40's and beyond (including 3 out of 4 brothers...oh wait, Mike isn't 40 until next year--ha! Outted you!...wait, he doesn't read this blog, so nevermind!), and I know that 30-40 isn't nearly as much of a difference as 20-30.
Not to toot my own horn, but I'd like to reflect on some of the things I've done in the past 10 years:
1) Met my future husband when I was 20! This entire decade with this wonderful man. We've grown together and have learned a lot.
1a) Was married to previously-mentioned wonderful man.
2) Traveled to 4 continents.
3) Received three degrees from three different universities.
4) Lived in 2 different countries, 3 different states, 4 different cities, and 9 different apartments or houses.
5) Won my first, second, third and more auditions.
6) Decided what I wanted to be when I grew up.
7) Got my Greencard!
8) Made friends. Lost friends. Made many more.
9) Increased the size of my family tenfold with new marriages, cousins, nieces, nephews. Lost many loved ones along the way. I'd only known one person who died before I was 20...
10) Became a mom to the most amazing little person I've ever known.
Thank you, 20's, it's been quite the adventure! Boy, 30's, you have a lot to live up to!!