Thursday, June 05, 2008

Playing update

I'm in the process of getting a recital date set for next year, probably February. The flute professor at Simpson College and I play in the Cedar Rapids Symphony together, and we love playing together. What better way to ease myself back into solo performances than a joint recital? So far, my programming ideas are (in no particular order):

Dring Trio for Flute, Oboe and Piano (played before)
Ginastera Duo for Flute and Oboe (new to me)
Bimstein Halfmoon at Checkerboard Mesa (I LOVE performing this piece; it's an audience favourite)
Ibert Escales
Glick Sonata

The last three pieces I've performed before, so it would just take some wood-shedding to get them back under my fingers and back into my being (as in you really need to live with some pieces before performing them), especially the Glick which is technically difficult as well as emotionally powerful.

Stay tuned!

No comments: