Sunday, May 18, 2008

Des Moines Metro Opera Orchestra

I'm a little peeved...I heard through the grapevine that the DMMO had a position open for oboe 2/English horn. HAD. I checked on their website, and there wasn't anything listed for auditions. I'd been waiting for this position to open up ever since moving here. It would be absolutely perfect for me--not that I'd necessarily be a shoe-in, but I freaking LIVE here and would LOVE this job. Anyway, I suppose I shouldn't assume the position has been filled (auditions by CD), and I'll call the conductor tomorrow. Grrr...I'll be so mad if I missed this opportunity!

1 comment:

oboeinsight.com said...

Gee, don't they advertise in the the International Musician paper? How very odd.

I say contact 'em and tell 'em I sent you.

Oh. Wait. I'm nobody. So never mind ....