Monday, March 24, 2008

2008-09 CRSO Rep

Next season's repertoire was announced, and there are some goodies for yours truly!

Many great pieces, including Dvorak's New World Symphony, Debussy's Afternoon of a Faun, Brahms' 1st Symphony (no EH, boo, and I wish I could play ob 1 or 2 on this concert!), Rodrigo's Concerto de Aranjuez, Beethoven's 9th Symphony (no EH), Prokofiev's Classical Symphony (no EH), Mahler's Songs of a Wayfarer (EH in that?), and Stravinsky's Petroushka. Those are just a few on the list! (No other English horn "biggies" though.) I played the Dvorak and Rodrigo with the Eugene Symphony a few years ago, and I'm excited to play them again!

Great rep!!

4 comments:

Patty said...

Sounds like fun, Jillian! (We are doing New World as well ... on the same concert as Roman Carnival Overture.)

The Mahler has EH in the second oboe book. (http://www.dlib.indiana.edu/variations/scores/cag4966/large/index.html)

I love playing the Rodrigo. So lovely, and nothing really to get stressed over.

We're doing Beethoven right now, and I'm playing assistant principal. It's great fun to do that ... I get all the beauty of the music and not an ounce of stress! :-)

I went to the Cedar Rapids site ... I didn't see next year posted yet. Did I miss something, or do you all get the info before it goes online. (Contrary to what happens HERE. Sigh.)

Anonymous said...

You weren't kidding-- there ARE some biggies there!
Marilyn can't wait!!

Jillian Camwell said...

Thanks, Patty. I'll know to look for the Mahler...and not book that concert off! I'll ask our principal if he'd like me to be assistant for the Beethoven, as I'll be there anyway--he'll probably say yes.

We got an email announcing next season. Hmm...maybe I shouldn't have posted it on my blog?? Oh well. It's just a fraction of the great repertoire we're performing.

Robin--yeah, Marilyn! Haven't heard anything from Midwest yet. Or Randy re. Olympia (sounds like I'm talking in code...)...do you want me to call him for an update?

Anonymous said...

I would like to know if he's had any prospects. At the beginning, he seemed to think it would be a quick and easy sale, right?