Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Sweatin' to the oldies...or oldies sweatin'

I can't stand the Simpson College gym. Imagine your high school friend's basement, filled with exercise equipment (many of which don't work), sweaty men and obnoxiously loud music. Hmmm...that's what my high school friend's basement was actually like...oh no! Flashback!

Reasons why I need a membership at a different gym:
1) They don't care that some people may not like German heavy metal angst music.
2) They are clearly hard of hearing. With my MP3 player turned up to its highest volume, the music being played in the room was still drowning mine out.
3) 3 out of the 4 bikes work, 2/3 treadmills, and 3/4 eliptical trainers.
4) 20 training wrestlers are really stinky (that was today).
5) The 90-lb. girl-child on the bike called me "M'am"--that was after I heard her friend say, "we'd better let that lady use the bike and grab the cross-trainers," and before she said to me, "you start pedalling, then you press 'quick start' or one of these here programs on the left." Seriously, how old do I look?

Reasons why I go to the Simpson gym:
1) It's a 5 minute walk from my house.
2) It's free.

Now you have a good idea for my next birthday present!!

No comments: