Sunday, February 25, 2007

Music!

Oops! Might we see a Janet Jackson slip-up with Jennifer Hudson coming out of her gorgeous red dress? I spy a bra. Keep your girls in, girl!

She does look amazing though, as do all those beautiful actresses. People can be cruel.

Best Original Song
…waiting for the winner, I’m thinking this will be a tough choice. Anything’s better than last year’s gangsta rap. 3 Dreamgirls nominations?? Wow! And the winner is…
Melissa Ethridge, “I need to wake up”—great song! Great cause! Listen to the lyrics. (Did I mention I like that movie?)

A look at America through its movies…
What was that intro music? Name that tune! (Please someone tell me; I’m drawing a blank.)
I can’t believe they included “Talladega Nights” in that list. No, this was not a great American film…or even close to a good comedy. The Naked Gun, however…that’s class.

6 comments:

Patty said...

We were trying to figure out the music too, Jill. Could it be from Edward Scissorhands? I tried to check online, but for some reason I can never get music to play through Amazon or Barnes and Noble.

First Dan thought Saint Saens, Carnival of the Animals, but I don't think so ... ?

Jillian Camwell said...

I thought it was Saint Saens too. I'll have to listen again.

Patty said...

And then, because of my awful memory (and we aren't recording it) I thought, "Maybe it's the beginning of Disney's Beauty and the Beast" ... but I'm guessing that's only my brain playing tricks on me?

But you're recording it, right? So you can figure it out and PLEASE do tell me! :-)

Jillian Camwell said...

Yes! Saint Saens. "Aquarium" from Carnival of the Animals. Well done, Dan. ...yes, it does sound like Beauty and the Beast! Good connection! So many films have used that for mystical, magical moments...in their movies, mostly men music-making...mmmhmm. (Don't mind me...stop me now!)

Patty said...

Aw rats, I hate it when he's right! And he's always right. Maybe I should tell him ...?

Naw. He'll enjoy his moment.

Thanks for letting me know! :-)

Jill Cathey said...

Hey, we were trying to figure that out too, it was driving me crazy! I thought of Ed Scissorhands and BatB, even got out our DVDs of those to check but it wasn't quite it...thanks for solving the mystery. Silly, we just played CotA a year ago!