Friday, August 11, 2006

And the worst movie of the summer goes to...

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby

I had moderately high hopes for this movie, if only because of the good reviews we'd read. Were they watching the same movie? We also (normally) like Will Ferrell (Dave perhaps more so than I), but this movie was terrible! I thought it might be more of a satire of American culture, with the Nascar fans, George Bush-isms, etc., but it was simply trash. We went with our friends Rachel and Kedron. Dave apologized profusely throughout the movie, and we told Rachel that she could inflict any punishment she wished upon us. Next time, she gets to pick the movie.

Are you the kind of person that "has" to see a movie when it gets such bad reviews? Resist temptation! Don't do it!! You have been warned. For further proof, here's Kedron's review he wrote for the New York Times. (His review title is "Cringeworthy.")

By the way, Dave showered after this movie. I would have, but I had to get to a jewelry party. At least I got to cover myself (and the shame?!) with pretty jewelry.

3 comments:

Patty said...

I'm so glad you blogged about this; I am fairly sure my son (17 years old) will want to see this movie. I had great reservations about going along. Hmmm. Maybe HE shouldn't even go?

Karmen said...

Hey Jill - I'm just back from vacation, so you'll hear more from me later, but I just had to comment.

Rich and I saw Talladega Nights this week with his parents, and we all thought it was great! Maybe I was just in a stupid movie mood. I also went in not expecting very much, so I wasn't let down!

Jillian Camwell said...

I guess it's just one of those movies that got mixed reviews. I thought it was just terrible--and I do like stupid movies sometimes. And to Patty, if you have reservations, don't see it, but I'm sure a 17-year old can handle it.