Sunday, June 04, 2006

Thanks, US Airways

Was called 1 hour ago, at 3:50AM (yes, A.M.) to let me know that my flight at 8:10am was delayed over an hour, making me miss my flight in Phoenix, so they were rebooking me...anyway, had it not been so early, maybe I would have remembered that my answering machine was no longer in the kitchen, that it was actually in the next room. The phone is screeching at me, I practically tumble downstairs, and I end up getting disconnected with the guy anyway. I try calling back, but America West is now US Airways (stay clear!!), and I get bumped from 2 phone calls (in one I spell out Camwell to have her repeat back C-A-M-P-B-E-L-L? flying out of Des Moines, Pennsylvania?...uh, what??) before finally being put on hold for half an hour on my third phone call. The guy had indeed booked me on a later flight (in Phoenix, not in Des Moines). So now it's 5am and I'm wide awake. I still have to leave for the airport at 6:30, just in case they fly out on time. Then if I get into Phoenix on time for my connecting flight, they'll "try" to put me back on the flight that I was supposed to be on originally. If not, I'll have seven hours to wait in the freaking Phoenix airport.

This is not exactly what I'd signed up for. Is some force conspiring against me? Or is it just US Airways? I had trouble getting out of Eugene last time, if anyone remembers that fiasco. (Computer wouldn't let me on the plane, three flights and red-eye to Chicago, flew in to Des Moines and went straight to a recording session in Grinnell...)

Maybe I'll study now...

I'll keep you updated.

No comments: