Sunday, February 25, 2007

Running commentary

Best Documentary Feature
An Inconvenient Truth

Woohoo! I hope this makes more people want to watch this film. You will not be sorry you did, and you will want to do something to help.

I wonder if Clint Eastwood gets sick of being introduced with that music from The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly.

Yeah! It’s the movie music segment! Actually, a compilation of Ennio Morricone’s scores. And of course the famous oboe solo from The Mission. I still have not seen that movie. Our marching band in high school used that solo at the beginning of one of our shows…with soprano saxophone. Grumble, grumble. Funny enough, another high school in Calgary did the same thing with their show, also with soprano sax. Ours was better.

1 comment:

Patty said...

I saw The Mission years ago. My daughter came home to me sitting on the couch sobbing. It's a difficult movie, and because I'm a Christian it's one that still causes me to ponder ... I'm not sure what the "answer" is when it comes to the questions that The Mission brings up.

But I ramble.

I sure love Morricone's music! :-)