Sunday, June 11, 2006

Night owl

It's 1:30am, but really only 11:30pm in Eugene. My internal clock needs winding. Had a completely lazy day today, which we all need once in a while. House accomplishment: finished the guest bedroom. No boxes to trip over, hangers in the closet, empty dresser drawers, vacuumed, and it’s even cat-free. Washed all the bedding (sheets—obvious, but also washed the comforter), and the door is closed to the kitties. So friends with allergies, you can stay here with no worries (you just can’t leave your room, because cat hair will be everywhere else).

Finished a book today: What did I do wrong? When women don’t tell each other the friendship is over by Liz Pryor. I started the book on the plane yesterday. Finishing it today says a lot about the book, as I’m a pretty slow reader. And I don’t necessarily mean that as a compliment to the book. It was an average read with some stories that rang true, but the whole thing could have been wrapped up in 50 pages or so.

Books I want to read next: Alibi by Joseph Kanon; Pearl by Mary Gordon; The Mysterious Flame of Queen Loana by Umberto Eco

Has anyone read any of these yet?

1:50am (no, it didn’t take me 20 min. to write this…) Dave’s home from his gig…goodnight!

No comments: