Sunday, January 22, 2006

Quick update...

I haven't had time to write a blog since yesterday, nor do I have time today. However, I thought I'd let you all know that I'm really happy with how the test went yesterday. It took me the entire 8 hours (18 pages single-spaced in the end), and I didn't even finish, but it couldn't really have gone any better. The questions were very fair, but there were too many for the time allowed. I had mapped out a time frame in order to get to everything, and while the first question ended up taking 3 hours instead of 1 (history of the oboe), I did end up getting to the final (question 7) with an hour to go, as planned. Unfortunately, it involved 10 scores and 5 questions per score. There was no physical way I could have finished all of them. The good news is that that is probably my strongest area, so I didn't stop for lack of knowledge, and it will be no problem to fill in the blanks during my oral component (2 hours) next Thursday.

By the way, sitting and typing for 8 hours: painful. Nobody had warned me about that.

OK, that was a longer blog than I'd planned. I'm pretty tired...it's 12:50am here in Oregon, later back home.

1 step closer to my degree...:)

No comments: