Sunday, December 04, 2005

Firsts

We've experienced many firsts this year, but I wanted to share a particularly important first that happened this week. Get ready for it: Dave and I are happy to announce the arrival of our first...snow shovel!

Yes, it was a momentous day. I must admit, I've been pretty selfish with it so far. I know couples normally set their alarms 5 minutes earlier than the other half just to race out of bed and get to that shoveling first. Lucky for me, it snowed while Dave was at work! Score!!! If I wanted to get out of the house, I needed to shovel my way out! So I gleefully shoveled for half an hour on Wednesday. I shoveled our long walk from the street to the front door, and since it was warming up, I didn't want the snow to melt before I had a chance to shovel it, so I did our entire yard! Just kidding! Who could ever be that lucky?

Dave left yesterday morning at about 5:45am to head to "upstate" Iowa, and the poor guy left before it started snowing again in Indianola. He didn't get to shovel. It started at about 10am and snowed solidly until around 3:30pm. This time, I got to shovel for an entire hour!! About 6 inches of snow was on the ground, the sidewalk, on my car, around my car... My trusty (and might I add spiffy) yellow and black snow shovel saved the day again! I even shoveled the entire driveway so Dave would be able to get in when he got home.

When the sad time came to stop, all I could think was, "Please, please, please let it snow again tomorrow." So far it hasn't, but that's probably because Dave is home and would want to steal my glory.

And now for my second-most favourite activity: eating methocarbamol pills.

No comments: