Sunday, November 06, 2005

Tea for two, four, six, eight

I'm a tea drinker. I don't like coffee or coffee-flavoured things, except for Coffee Crisp, the wonderful non-coffee-flavoured chocolate bar from my native land...mmm, Coffee Crisp. I digress. I'm not one of those anti-coffee drinkers that also bans caffeine in their liquid input. I love the different varieties of tea, herbal and otherwise, and there's something to be said for a tea house. There's just a lovely quality to your day when you can daintily sip from a girlie teacup and savour a petit four. I love the routine my mother-in-law Margaret has at the end of her day, and I've recently adopted it for myself. At the end of a long day, put the kettle on, sort through mail--drinking a cup or two really hits the spot. But there comes a time when one has to say, No more tea!!

I'm in Eugene for more tests (Admin: "Here's another hoop. Jump! Speak! Roll over!"), and for once, I've had time to see friends while in town. (I leave tomorrow, so my apologies to anyone I've missed---I just can't drink any more tea.)

My Friday went as follows:
11am Tea with Alison and baby Ursula (2 cups)
1pm Tea with Kevin (1 large at Roma + turkey/cheese croissant)
2:30-ish Tea with Brian and Errin (2 cups)
5:00 (Irony) Went to Savoure and bought 3x 8oz. tea.
5:30 Dinner at Beth and Andrew's...I walk in and Beth says, "Would you like a cup of tea?" (1 cup)
7:30-10pm Jittery rehearsal
10:30 Beer (1...not tea, but same effect to an extent, if you catch my drift)
Sat. morning
9am Breakfast and TEA with Blake and Katrina (2 cups)
12:30 Lunch and beer with Blake (again, same effect)
1:30 Ruthie B's TEA HOUSE with Katrina (bottomless tea...about 3 cups before I made my decree)

MY DECREE: There will be no more tea in Eugene from this day forth.

Sun. morning
10am Breakfast...and tea.

Oh, lovely tea. How could I turn my back on you?

No comments: